Turns out that setting the Locale on the Client fixes this problem.  We still
have no idea why.  Still looking into this issue....

Lisa

________________________________
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Kemes, Lisa
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 1:36 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARERR[191] Unrecognized Assign Type

**
ARS 7.1 Patch 7
Oracle 10g
Windows 2003 Servers

Our EMEA folks are getting this error on a particular form after they upgrade
to Windows 7.  Their AR System Client versions are 7.1 (I apologize, I'm not
sure of the patch) and 7.5 p4.  I looked up this error on the documentation and
it states:

"The assign type tag is not recognized. Verify that the #define statements in
the include file ar.h have a list of all assign type tags."

I'm looking at our ar.h file and there are assign types on this file.  Are
these the ones that I need to focus on?

#define AR_ASSIGN_TYPE_NONE       0
#define AR_ASSIGN_TYPE_VALUE      1  /* codes for the assign type to a field */
#define AR_ASSIGN_TYPE_FIELD      2
#define AR_ASSIGN_TYPE_PROCESS    3
#define AR_ASSIGN_TYPE_ARITH      4
#define AR_ASSIGN_TYPE_FUNCTION   5
#define AR_ASSIGN_TYPE_DDE        6  /* used only in active links */
#define AR_ASSIGN_TYPE_SQL        7
#define AR_ASSIGN_TYPE_FILTER_API 8  /* used only in filters/escalations */

Our US folks don't seem to have this problem, so I'm assuming it's the
possibility of a slightly different version of their Windows 7 OS than ours.

Lisa Kemes
AR System Developer
Tyco Electronics
717-810-2408 tel