We're making some changes to our Change Management process, and part of that is
requiring the use of the Risk Calculator for Change Requests. The problem is,
the team has decided that the calculations should result in 'Minor, Medium, or
Major' risk rather than the OOTB 1,2,3,4, or 5.

So far, we've configured 10 questions, and I've set the three responses for
each to give a result of 1, 3 or 5. I've changed the 'Risk Level' selection
field so that 1 is now labeled Minor (0 in the db), 3 (2 in the db) is Medium
and 5 (4 in the db) is Major. This leaves the problem of what to do when the
calculated result would result in a level of 2 or 4. I found the 'Change Risk
Ranges' form, and it looks like I should be able to use this form to specify
that when the calculated result is, say, 2.25 round up to 3 rather than 2, or
for 3.75 round up to 5 rather than 4. It doesn't seem to be working this way.

Am I going about this the wrong way? It occurred to me that it might be easier
to just change the labels for 2 and 4 Minor and Medium (or something) and just
let it go.

Ron Legters
ITIL Tools and Process Administrator
UNIVAR Business Information Services