This is not good.  We put variables into the subject of our emails a lot.  :(

Lisa

________________________________
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Pierson, Shawn
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:16 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: $Request ID$ info in body but not in subject of email

**
We a similar issue, and it's not just related to the $Request ID$ field but any
variables you may pass to the Subject line come across as null.  BMC had no
solution for this so I rewrote the subject lines of my emails to where you
wouldn't easily be able to tell, e.g. changing "$Firstname$ $Lastname$ is
requesting a new username" to "New user request $Firstname$ $Lastname$".
Hopefully BMC releases a patch for this soon.  I've tried everything from
recreating my Filters from scratch to using other fields, to trying to trigger
emails from various types of interactions with records (e.g. Create vs. Modify)
and I can't detect a specific pattern to it.  I'm on 7.5 Patch 4 in production
and Patch 6 in development, and it still happens in both environments
consistently.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Southern Union