Hi,

I have done this many times myself using the following procedure:
1. Install a clean new version of the AR Server on your new machine
2. Export/import def-files
3. Use rrrChive to move all data from your old machine to the new machine
4. Test the new machine
5. Do a SYNC-operation using rrrChive
6. Set your old server in admin-only-mode and turn off escalations
7. Do another SYNC with rrrChive
8. Swithch your users to the new machine (change a dns-entry?)

The last two steps should take no more than 30 minutes or so if you plan
well. This is the total time that your system needs to be offline from
your users.

It also gives you ample time to do thorough testing.

Another benefit is that the time to revert back to the old machine if
something goes wrong is zero.

RRR|Chive download and configurator: https://www.rrr.se/cgi/rrrchive/main

This config should should do the trick:
source_server            = production
source_user              = Demo
source_password          =
target_server            = newprod
target_user              = Demo
target_password          =
target_disabledeletefltr = YES
target_disablemergefltr  = YES
multipleforms            = *
splitsearch              = YES
transfertype             = SYNCTOTARGET
logfile                  = AUTO
progressbar              = YES

Another good tool for finding data differences between the old and new
System Forms are rrrDefFieldDiff:
https://www.rrr.se/cgi/tools/main#rrrDefFieldDiff

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10):