Folks,

If you need to migrate data - and perform value / schema / field
transformations - which you typically do need to do when migrating data
across releases, then Meta-Update is your only choice.  Meta-Update can also
of-course can do simple one to one deltas but it's true power comes with its
ability to move and transform data across different fields, records, or
schemas.

That allows us to automate complex migrations like ITSM 5 to 7, like ITSM
7.1 to 7.6, like customer bespoke data bases into ITSM 7.6, etc.   It also
allows us to automate the data cleansing needed for such migrations.

>From one of our customers:

"We had a mammoth task of migrating 400+ companies from ITSM 5.5 to ITSM
7.1.

"Initially this task looked very complicated as the 5.5 system was highly
customized to suit individual customer's requirements and the migration into
mismatched schemas looked impossible.

"1500 SLAs for these customers added to the complications.

"But when we started evaluating Meta-Update, we saw some light.

"We can now migrate SLAs, implement complicated transformation rules, stamp
mapping values by looking up external configuration files, read from
multiple servers, etc. "

This customer wrote all their own migration scripts after an hour training
and a set of sample scripts.  Interestingly, this  customer is now looking
at another migration this time to 7.6.0x.

Please check out our website for more information www.softwaretoolhouse.com
or Contact Us to learn more.

Cheers

Ben Chernys

Senior Software Architect
Software Tool House Inc.

Canada / Deutschland / Germany
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:        <mailto:ben.cher...@softwaretoolhouse.com>
ben.cher...@softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:          <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/> www.softwaretoolhouse.com

Check out Software Tool House's free Diary Editor.

Meta-Update, our premium ARS Data tool, lets you automate
your imports, migrations, in no time at all, without programming,
without staging forms, without merge workflow.
 <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/> http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/