Sorry John, I have NO experience with instruction templates….but it sounds like
an interesting concept, interesting enough to read up on J

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Reiser, John J
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 11:17 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Incoming email with User Instructions.

LJ,

I’m not parsing the incoming email manually. I made an instruction template
that performs a Submit action, tied it to a record in the AR System user
Instruction form called Accept document. That is what creates the record in my
form. I think the issue I described was because my email address was tied to
both records in the user form. It just grabbed a different record each time
which worries me because we do have “Group Queues” that hold multiple email
address so one individual could have their email address in a few user records.
That’s another hurdle to beat.

Joe,

I need to do this because our system is not open to the WWW but some of our
customers do not have lan/wan access.

They need to receive notifications and reply with the Action: Accept to create
a record of their acknowledgement. Currently they send the email to “George”
and “George” has to update the ARSystem record with their acknowledgements (
100’s of them a month). “George” is busy.

I’ve set up a filter to pull the email address out of the User record on submit
and I’ll see if that works for what I want. I was hoping it could be done with
the Template.

Thanks,

---
John J. Reiser
Remedy Developer/Administrator

Senior Software Development Analyst
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased by me