64bit JVMs: I thought it may be worth reminding users of my last post on the
subject, http://www.javasystemsolutions.com/arslist/view/89035393.

Tomcat/IIS: I agree with the points made regarding an IIS setup being not
useful for a single Midtier, however do remember that the "connector" (mod_jk)
does offer an easy route to load balancing, ie you can run 4 Tomcats (each
running Midtier) on one machine, and have a single IIS instance in front of
them with mod_jk balancing

What would be a useful addition to the installer is for multiple copies of
Tomcat to be run from *one Tomcat installation*, which I suspect involves
adding some carefully crafted services to Windows (or scripts in Linux). The
installer should ask for how many concurrent users are likely to be using the
system and propose an installation that deploys a number of Tomcat instances
based on that number and the number each Tomcat could handle with a 1Gb VM. The
load balancing can be done via IIS, Apache, or a hardware load balancer.

The problem with the ITSM 7.6.04 installer is the sheer number of Tomcat and
JVM installations; I counted three (maybe it was four) Tomcats, each with their
own JDK. How are users supposed to be able to get their heads around such a
complex installation? What's wrong with one, not 3+ JDKs, and one, not 3+
Tomcat installations?

--
Single Sign On for AR System
http://www.javasystemsolutions.com/jss/ssoplugin