Hey Kevin ...

We have a similar setup.  I did notice that we had problems displaying
and refreshing the flashboards when we made them dynamic.  I found I
could make the problem go away by giving the flashboard default
parameters that load when the form the loads.  That way a default
flashboard is seen when the form opens.   I then allow the User to
make choices in fields that will change the nature of the flashboard.
This seems to work for me.

Good Luck Bud.