It truly depends upon the complete requirements. I've used DSO for data
replication (foundation) as well as ticketing replication quite successfully
in "near time" synch.

As you might imagine, to circumvent a "DSO Overload" - I implemented a
queuing mechanism because of what I term "ticket stabilization" immediately
after submit. As you can think, a ticket gets Created, then many Updates
occur to said ticket, and if simply implemented as a DSO Operation, that
same ticket will get transferred multiple times, thus we build in a queue
and waited about 5 minutes (configurable based upon ticket priority) prior
to sending to the remote servers. We were keeping 3 global servers in
synch...

If you are using the remote server more as a reporting or DR type server -
and NO ticket entry/update will be performed (unless DR is in effect) - then
utilize other methods of sync - such as RRR / Database Replication (is this
Oracle, SQL, etc?)...

If this is a "Live / Live" setup as was mine - DSO certainly worked like a
champ.

HTH
Robert Molenda