From: Chris Danaceau
Sent: Wed 4/6/2011 11:24 AM
To: arslist@arslist.org
Subject: Error putting Printer CI in Inventory Location

ARS/CMDB/ITSM 7.6

My Inventory team has Laptops, PC's and Printers that can be stored in
inventory locations when not deployed.
I created a handfull of inventory location CI's per the Asset User Guide.
Then I modified one of my Printers, setting the status to "In Inventory," and
selected an inventory location CI from the dialog form.
Upon saving the record I got the following error message:

"Invalid rel endpoint class Id : Rel(clsId:BMC_INVENTORYEQUIPMENT instId:
AG00505690411eFYScTQkHhGFAA-ph can't be created. attribute class Id value is
not a valid endpoint for this relationship class: BMC_PRINTER (ARERR 120100)"

When I logged the workflow I found the following 2 filters firing:

ASI:SHR:CreateStorageRelation_Push
ASI:SHR:CreateStorageRelation_Push_Equip

The first one makes sense, the second does not.  It's trying to create an
EquipmentInventory relationship which makes no sense to me, since the Printer
CI is in the BMC_Printer Class (child of BMC_ComputerSystem).
The Run If qualification for the second filter does not distinguish based on
Class ID.

Anyone else experience this?  Any chance it's a known bug in Asset Management?

--
Chris Danaceau
AttivaSoft Solutions Architect