Thanks Jarl, I will try that.

Regards,
Chintan

--- On Tue, 4/26/11, Jarl Grøneng <jarl.gron...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Jarl Grøneng <jarl.gron...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Building menus by consuming a web-services
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 11:52 AM

**

You can do that today.

Create an ardbc plugin, link a form to that plugin. And you can then create a
menu doing a query against that form.

Regards,

2011/4/26 Chintan Shah <cbss...@yahoo.com>

**

Hi all,

I would like to know if anyone has been successful in building a menu by
consuming web-services.

I am not really sure why it has not been implemented in Remedy but in modern
days it does seem to look like a core functionality for any 3 tier application.

e.g. building state menu on selection of country(of course you can do it by SQL
menus, but then you become aware of things like state id, country id
etc...which as a client you should not be aware of ..those are DB details).

The way it would work is input parameter would be a country and you would get
back list of states(in SOAP Envelope).

Btw, since we are on it, (and this is probably a question for BMC folks)are
there any plans of implementing RESTful API for consuming/publishing services
from Remedy?

The idea is to know as much little as possible about data layer.

In our environment, we have to change DB links every time DBA do some
changes(like changing server names, SIDs etc) and there is too much data-layer
dependency. Localizing data is not an option since we will be duplicating it
unnecessarily.

Should I file an RFE for this?

Thanks
Chintan.