From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On
Behalf Of "Mario Röhr" [mario.ro...@gmx.de]
Sent: 27 April 2011 06:35
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ITSM / SRM 7.6.04 - weird Active Link - did we install a Beta Version?

Hello Listers,

we are facing a very strange situation with ITSM / SRM 7.6.04 single
installation.

In our installation there is an Active Link called
"SRM:SRV:NoPermissions_001_E".
We heard that this AL was present in ITSM / SRM 7.6.04 BETA release but not
present in GA release anymore.

We checked all our installations, two of them also single installation and
another one Stack Installer Installation on a VMWare.
In all of them this weird AL is present!

We searched all the .def files that came with the installation sources of SRM
7.6.04 from BMC's Support Web EPD Portal but didn't find a reference to this AL.
Then we analyzed our arinside output that we created immediately after complete
installation of all modules and there we found a reference to this AL!

We raised a ticket with BMC support but they only state "BETA releases are
neither supported or maintained by BMC tech support", even though we didn't
asked for Support for a Beta release.
Now they just want to close the ticket with the suggestion just to de-activate
the AL as it is not present in their reference installation of ITSM 7.6.04.

So my question to them of you who installed ITSM 7.6.04 with or w/o SRM if you
please could check your installations (single install or Stack Installer) or if
applicable arinside output for this AL called "SRM:SRV:NoPermissions_001_E".

Here our environment details:

Windows Server 2008 64 Bit
MS SQL Server 2008 64 Bit
AR Server 7.6.04