Do you return a value to the web service if the transaction is successful?

We have a process where the calling web service expects the Request ID from
the Incident that was created.  If any errors are encountered the process
calls an error handler to concatenate any error messages, marks the status
of the request as Error (except for error checking all other filters do
nothing if the status is Error) and places the concatenated error message(s)
in the character field where we normally return the incident's Request ID.

Jason