Andrew, it might be easier to enforce that with process rather than
software.  Make it a basic rule that one cannot approve one's own RFCs.  The
CAB can enforce it.

Rick
On May 31, 2011 10:11 AM, "Andrew C Goodall" <ago...@jcpenney.com> wrote:

> All,
>

> ITSM 7.5.01
>

> The first step in our change approval process for normal changes will be
> for the Assigned Group Change Approver to approve or reject the change
> request during the review phase.
>

> Anyone with this functional role can also submit changes themselves to
> their own support group and then subsequently approve their own change
> request.
>

> Our auditing and IT risk management believes the tool should prevent
> this out of the box, but it DOES NOT.
>

> Has anyone else come across this concern and developed a solution to
> mitigate this risk?
>

> Regards,
>

> Andrew Goodall
>
> Software Engineer 2 | Development Services | jcpenney . www.jcp.com
> <http://www.jcp.com/>

intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and <br>may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If the reader of this
message is not the intended<br>recipient, you are hereby notified that your
access is unauthorized, and any review, dissemination,<br>distribution or
copying of this message including any attachments is strictly prohibited. If
you are not<br>the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete
the material from any computer.<br><pre>