We had the same issue here.

In addition the Carte server stopped when the DOS window was closed.

Support knew of this and suggested creating a new task in the Windows Task
Scheduler to run a new bat file on startup that contained:

D:
cd "D:\Program Files (x86)\BMC
Software\AtriumIntegrator\server\data-integration\"
Carte.bat <insert server hostname here> 20000

That fixed it for us.

Cheers

Peter