We have a couple of customers with ARS & ITSM 7.6.04 under VM's, using VMWare
VCenter Server and ESX Server. As far as now we haven't faced issues regarding
performance due to using VM's.
BMC supports VMWare and Hyper-V environments.
If your Vm's have all virtual resources (Disk, RAM, CPU) dedicated, there
should be no problem in deploying ARS & ITSM. But if you have several VM's
using same resource pool, you may need to consult to VM's Admin in order to
ensure overall performance. If you're using VMWare Workstation you can
"reserve" resources i.e minimum 2 GB and 3600 MHz (sum of frecuency for all
processors dedicated to VM)
There´s a concept in Virtualization named "Memory Balloon" which refers to
"real time assigned Memory" vs. "declared assigned Memory"  per VM. Your VM
could have 8 GB assigned but meanwhile it's not using all memory assigned,
host's memory will be assigned to another VM. In simple words, memory is
assigned "On Demand" regardless declared assigned memory. If you have not
configured Memory Baloon in a well manner you would face disk pagination which
makes VM slower.
Here´s a white paper
http://www.usenix.org/events/osdi02/tech/full_papers/waldspurger/waldspurger_html/node6.html
 for understanding Memory Baloon.

Also your VM's admin may consider using Virtual Switchs for grouping all VM's
related (ARS, DB, MidTier) in order to ensure network performance.

Finally you may want to consult your DBA in order to ensure Database
Performance in VM's (assuming your DB is virtualized too)

HTH,

Alejandro