Remember an Attachment field is looking for "physical" data (ie
something on or from the filesystem)
I have done this before on a dos system (I would do ALL this using
filters called by an Active Link Service call, which won't make any DB
calls if you don't want to.)
you want to do $PROCESS$ call as it is blocking and ensures that the
file is created prior to moving to next filter.
$PROCESS$ Echo $Data in Field$ >> PathtoTemp.txt
$PROCESS$ PERFORM-ACTION-SAVE-ATTACHMENT fieldIDofAttachment field
(Attachment pool id only for Activelinks) [ "fileName" (ie
PathtoTemp.txt) ]
Always test to make sure the attachment is saved, I use Error checking
for this filter.