From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Leihkauff, Kenneth G (LEIHKAUFFK)
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:53 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Email Engine Scaling

**
Hello,

Background: We have an AR system running 7.1, Oracle 10g, Solaris 10.  The ARS
is running on the same server as the database; there is no Server Group
configuration.

Question: To scale the email engine, is it possible to run two instances of the
email engine on the same server and configure each to process separate defined
mailboxes in the AR System Email Configuration form?  Based on the email engine
documentation, this seems to be supported.  Do you recommend doing this when
you are not using a server group and need to scale to accommodate a
considerably higher volume of messages.  The current configuration (with
adjustments to the email properties file) performs well, however, we are
concerned that the email engine may backlog when we double the total volume of
outgoing messages (we will be doubling the activity in a couple of days).

Thanks for your guidance and experiences.

Ken Leihkauff
North American Integrated Services Management Center (NAISMC)
Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC)

This e-mail is the property of NaviSite, Inc. It is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution
or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.