From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Danny Kellett
Sent: September-23-11 19:53
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Ports

**

Ben,

"is the standard port for databases" is not quite true. 1521 is Oracle, 1433
is MSSQL.

And a word of warning, portmapper shouldn't be used if you are using a
firewall between you and the AR Server. Although you could map port 111 you
would have to map the TDC port too, which I guess you could do but its
easier to map just one ;)

Seems like I am being picky, sorry ;)

Kind regards

Danny