Great. Thank you. I'll check it out and see if there is an area in which
I can contribute.

Ken.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:54 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Birds of a Feather "Field IDs"

** Hi Ken,

It is a work in progress (by the community).  The document "Field ID
Best Practices" can be found here:
https://communities.bmc.com/communities/docs/DOC-16743.

This is a section of a larger effort to (finally) document best
practices and various procedures for AR development.  The "Community
Development Best Practices" (CDBP) landing page can be found here:
https://communities.bmc.com/communities/docs/DOC-17062

Regarding the BOF.  We had a good discussion although I don't remember
too many decisions coming out of the session.  Chuck Mousseau from BMC
joined us (along with Matt L of course).  Chuck gave use some insight as
to how BMC internally manages Field ID reservations and keeping the same
field consistent between forms (no need to go OT here with examples of
where this does not happen).  It was great to have him involved in the
conversation as he challenged some ideas, asking what the values is as
well as discussing ideas around Dev Studio/AR enhancements that would
help us follow best practices.  I left the session feeling that we are
off to a good start and have BMC's ear and support in assisting with the
process.

Now we need the community's involvement.  Check out the CDBP landing
page and add to a document where you have additional insight.  Create a
new document for the topics listed that do not have one started already.
We have a lot of very smart and experienced people on the ARSList as
well as the BMC Communities.  We have been asking for these things for
some time and now it is time for us to take ownership and make it
happen.

Jason