Christoph,

Table fields are just a view of the data stored in a form.

So your first part is correct. The left side table would show results of the
Character field of Form 1.

Why are you processing this as a table when a menu would do?

You can select menu items and have then concatenated into a single character
field on the ticket form.

You can select an entry in the menu SET the entry into a character field on
your Ticket Form.

Then select a new entry and add the selection to the character field. This will
take a little more processing in an active link.

You must determine if the character field is empty, if it is just use a set
fields to put the first value in. If not you need to use a SET fields with
$Character_Field$+”, “+$Menu_Field$ to overwrite the field with the existing
value and a comma and then the new value. This will keep going until you run
out of space in the Character Field. There is more that can be done to count
the remaining characters and check for duplicate selections but that would take
too long.

If the two table method is required and you want to display the multiple
selections in a table on the Ticket Form then these values are children of the
Ticket Form.

Now you are creating new records in a separate form. So the action changes to a
PUSH and during the PUSH you grab the Request_ID or better yet generate a GUID
on the Ticket Form for each record so you have a value before it gets
submitted.

You are not actually pushing the value to the second Table Field on your form
you are pushing it to the child form and then refreshing the table field to
display what you selected and saved.

I sure hope this didn’t confuse things even more.

---
John J. Reiser
Remedy Developer/Administrator

Senior Software Development Analyst
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased by me