Kelly,

We see this error when the ODBC connection gets hosed.  Really has nothing
to do with the IsNull statement.

We reconfigure the ODBC connection, sometimes have to refresh or recreate
the Common File for Crystal on the PC.  Then stand, turn 3 times to the
left, and pray.  At worst it has taken an uninstall of Remedy and
reinstall.  It's  unexplainable, no  pattern of who or when it happens to,
can be working fine and then not.  Generally once the error is received you
cannot run any reports initiated via an Active Link.  But they do run in
the actual Crystal development application which most do not have.

Hope that gives another direction to look in.

Susan