** So everybody who digs a little in the Overlay functionality will know about the __o naming convention pretty soon.
Thanks Chris.

On 11/11/2011 00:36, strauss wrote:
The __o syntax was described in the most detail in the Migrator docs, where it tells you how to compare overlay to overlaid objects and vice versa.  Eventually it appeared in the 7.6.04 upgrade docs, which were very short on detail and accuracy initially.  The Developer Studio hides it (the fact that there is an __o form once you overlay the original), while it is VERY obvious in Migrator, and has been since day one.  You will also see all of the __o forms in the arschema table, where they get their own unique schema  ids.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of John Luthgers
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 2:11 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Overlay objects named __o : common knowledge?

Hello Kaïs,

i was digging into this since 7.6.04 has been released to add overlay
support to ARInside. But I don't know what your question tend to exactly.

While i know that overlay objects have "__o" added to it, i decided to
hide this fact in the ARInside workflow documentation completely. I
think this is to some point API internal information. And for future ARS
versions which might support more than just two worklow layeres we don't
know what BMC does with this naming convention.

Developers who work with overlays for a while will surely sooner or
later know about this object naming. But most customers are still using
an odler version. Currently, I wouldn't say its common knowledge.

John