This is what I did

I had a field called New Full Name and I populate the name, John Smith
from the field Old Field Name that had John G Smith.

(SUBSTRC($OldFullName$, 0, STRSTRC($OldFullName$, " ") - 1) + " ") +
RIGHTC($OldFullName$, STRSTRC($OldFullName$, " ") + 1)

This gets the string from the first part up to the first space, so
first name then adds a space then gets the last night via right
command up to the other space.

On 1/4/12, Roger Justice <rjust2...@aol.com> wrote:
> Review STR STR command. Determine location of the first space and the second
> space and use these values to do a substr.

Kevin Begosh