From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Ddussie
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:18 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Help: question on registering with portmapper

Hello,

Scenario: we are moving to new server behind f/w and add components we don't
have in current prod. So, we are installing arserver and all component (fb, ws,
etc) on a new server behind firewall. While keeping current prod env up. Once
the new environment is successfully, the we shutdown current prod bring in new
prod.

Current prod:  is registered with portmapper.

During the installation, it indicates only one arsystem can be registered with
portmapper on your system.

So, can I not register with, assign a tcp port, get new prod up and running
then reconfigure to be registered with portmapper?

What will happen if 2 arserver register with port mapper?

Unix:6.1
Ars:7.5p4

Sincerely,