Subject: Day light saving time
From: "Cen, Jianqi" <jianqi....@cra-arc.gc.ca>
Date: Mon, March 19, 2012 12:42 pm
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

**
Hi:

A user believes there is a bug related to daylight time saving in software. I can reproduce it.
Steps:

1). If I have locale->TimeZone sets to blank, and creates an incident, its "Create Date" is 2012-03-19 01:55:06 PM.

2). However, when I change the TimeZone to GMT-5:00 (EST) America/New_York, "Create Date" of the same incident becomes 2012-03-19 12:55:06 PM. There is one hour defference.

My time zone is GMT-5:00 (EST) US & Canada. These two time zones are GMT-5:00. Do you know why these two GMT-5:00 setting shows one hour defference for the same incident.

This happens to incidents created between new day light saving time (second week of March) and old day light saving time (first week of April).

Thanks

Jianqi Cen