Hello all,

I am working on a new configuration for ARS 7.6.4, with ITSM and Atrium CMDB.
The server group documentation is mostly oriented around setting up load-shared
systems, but also notes you can set up a user server (that users connect to
directly) and process server(s).  As we are on the smaller side, I don't think
the full three load-shared servers recommended is necessary, but I do think it
would be helpful to segregate the users  from the processes that tend to run
long and heavy.

Has anyone had experience with how effective splitting the user and process
demands is in preventing slowdowns and/or with which were the most effective to
segregate (Email Engine, Escalations, Atrium Integrator/Reconciliation, etc)?
Any issues that you've run across that effected standard functioning or other
considerations you think I should take into account?

Kelly Logan, Sr. Systems Administrator (Remedy), GMS
ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 | Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346
USA | 734.997.4777
kelly.lo...@proquest.com<mailto:kelly.lo...@proquest.com>
www.proquest.com

ProQuest...Start here. 2010 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator

you have received this email in error please notify the sender, and delete the
message from your computer.