From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jase Brandon
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:47 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Need Help Stripping Single Quotes out of a Pager Notification

**
Hello All,
7.6.04

We have found an issue where workflow is truncating message and pager
notifications are not being sent.

We have been having issues with the paging system getting messages sent to our
paging script properly.  The pager message templates are sticking single quotes
around things and then workflow is truncating the message to 128 chars, but it
truncates the trailing single quote.  So, the linux send page shell script that
we use does not get invoked because linux sees an unbalanced set of quotes and
just waits for input, thus longer pages are never sent out.
I see the filter NTE:NPC:Translate_243_PagerMsgAlpha doing a set fields on
'Pager Message Alpha' as LEFT($z1D Translation Text$, 128).

My thought is this... Can I create a filter that does a LEFT or REPLACE... (I
forget the syntax) and stip the single quotes off the message prior to sending?

Thoughts Anyone? I haven't done anything like this in awhile and I'm a tad gun
shy when it comes to modifying anything related to SYS:Notifications.

Thanks in Advance,

Jase
_attend WWRUG12 www.wwrug.com<http://www.wwrug.com> ARSlist: "Where the Answers
Are"_

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s)
to whom it is addressed. The information contained in this message may be
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.

If you are not the author's intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error please delete all copies, both electronic and printed, and
contact the author immediately.