Did you have a look at the 'user' form and see of the permissions are the same
for both users in there?

Can you please also try delete the user at preferences and see if that work?

I had a very similar issue and web I checked my permissions with the other
user, the permissions did not match user form from the people form permissions
for the other users. And simply deleting the AR preference for the user did the
job with flushing the cache. It took me forever.

Do follow up.

My environment 7.4.04 sp2.

Sent from my iPhone