Not an FTS fan at this point. I have a huge knot in my head from FTS troubles -
but that is a story for another day.

In a server group only one server needs access to the collection folder the
others point to a searcher plugin on the primary fts server that reads the
collection.

We have 43GB FTS collection.

INC = 1.3million
PBI = 5600
CHG = 13500
WOI = 9600
REQ = 82400
KA = 15500

The size just doesn't depend on the number of records though - it also depends
on the number of fields you have added for FTS / MFS indexing and how you have
config'd the Title, Environment, Keywords (in form properties).

Also note the larger the collection size the larger the memory max (Xmx) for
your jvm fts searcher process needs to be - support had use set ours to 6GB
because it kept crashing at 3Gb on incident matching. After setting it to 6Gb
incident matching stopped crashing, I observed that it would regularly consume
4.5gb.

See KA (KA363429 - unpublished) attached on set up of FTS in a server group -
we use the "Alternative configuration"

Regards,

Andrew C. Goodall
Software Engineer