Just another thing to check:  Fast or list threads might need to be increased.
When there aren't enough threads available, a single intensive query could hold
up things pretty badly on the server (my experience is on 7.5).  You could take
a thread log to see if they're all used up; in 7.5 you can adjust threads via
the Server Admin console; don't know about 7.1 nor whether that's advisable
without a change window.

David

David Durling
University of Georgia