of course we will use a new license key when the real upgrade will come.

Presently my intention is only to evaluate the product and see what it looks like. So my concern is really if i can safely install the AR System 8 (for evaluation purpose of max 30 days) on the same box than my current dev and licensed AR System 7.5 ? using 2 different databases on the same RDBMS server, namely Sybase 15. I've checked the Matrix for compatibility as well.

On 10/19/2012 9:53 AM, Hullule, Kiran wrote:
Yes you can do that with following consideration:

1) Hardware requirement for 8.0  ( Refer 8.0 Installing Guide - Before you
install Topic)
2) Compatibility Matrix (OS / Database version-patch etc - refer 8.0
compatibility matrix doc)
3) licensing requirement, you need to purge 7.5 license key and apply it for
8.0 or else you need to buy new license key for 8.0

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Remedy Maniac
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 1:14 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: several instances of AR System on the same box

hi list,

we are running AR Syste, 7.5 patch 7 on a Solaris 10 box with a Sybase 15.
We would like to upgrade at some point to 8. Quiet soon.
But by then we still need our 7.5 installation.
My understanding is that I could install the AR System 8 on the same box
using a new DB on the same Sybase server.
Can anybody confirm that please?
Is there any specifics  to pay attention to?
Are there any known issues with such config?

Best wishes before the ... sunny :-) here in South Germany ... week-end

Serouche