I've worked in a few places that have cancelled support. Not a big deal except
if your NIC dies and you have to replace it. For VMs, make sure you have a
custom MAC and for physical machines, there are Mac spoofing apps that will let
 you put in your old address.

Last time I checked, if you want to renew support within 2 years, you have to
back pay. After 2 years you have to rebuy the apps. I know columnIT provides
alternative support, if you need to renew down the road, compare the cost with
them.

Bottom line, if you don't use support and have no plans to upgrade in the next
5 years, you can save some money.

Jason