From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Pierson, Shawn
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 4:32 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: AR System Searches Preference Error

**
Good afternoon folks,

I'm running into a weird issue on ITSM and ARS 7.6.4 that I wanted to run past
you all.  Basically, the user was experiencing an issue where they try to get
to the Incident form, and the only thing they get is a grey screen on the Mid
Tier.  The system isn't trying to load anything, the rest of the I.T. Home Page
basically works, so the user can navigate elsewhere, they just can't open the
Incident form in any fashion.

When I look at the logs on the Mid Tier, I saw this error:

Dec 10, 2012 4:17:48 PM - WARNING (com.remedy.log.SESSION) : (Thread 46)
com.remedy.arsys.goat.aspects.IARUserSearchesServiceCacheAspect
ajc$around$com_remedy_arsys_goat_aspects_IARUserSearchesServiceCacheAspect$1$181ba497
 Could not load searches from the previously loaded preference server
REMEDYSERVERNAME for user USERHAVINGTHEISSUEon form HPD:Help Desk

That made me curious, as I haven't really looked into how the stored searches
work so I found and opened up the AR System Searches Preference form.  There
were a couple of records there, which I deleted.  After deleting them, the user
could open the Incident screen with no problems.  When comparing the records
with their username to records of searches performed by people who aren't
having problems, I couldn't really detect a difference other than the case of
the login name, which shouldn't matter on SQL Server.

Has anyone else seen this issue?  If so, what was the cause, and how did you
permanently fix it?

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer