Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 17:47:43 -0700
From: jason.mil...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: BMC Chat support (My eService)
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

**
Hi Hugo,
I took a look at the 7.6.04 documentation to get up to speed a bit.  Some of
the end user UI forms appear to have been rewritten in native web technologies
vs. Remedy forms when we used it.    A really helpful feature that I hope made
its way into the new UI is turning On the Show Debug Info setting in the Chat
Server Settings sections.  This would show all of the page holders that were
normally hidden and by seeing the data in the field we could find an issue many
times.  Hopefully this can still be done in the new UI.

Likewise there were also some special URLs and commands could be use for
troubleshooting.
Example:https://<web_server>/cns/myalerts?&type=rla&uid=<support_agents_email_address>
    would verify that CNS is working for an agent

Entering [botdebug] while talking to Jenn would give you debug info.I am not
sure if these things are still around but they were very helpful.
We only used English so that is one level of complexity we never had to worry
about.  Are you using SSL?  Once thing that cause us some trouble were
improperly configured certificate chains.  Similar to what you seem to be
experiencing most everything appeared to work except a feature here and then
because some of the Java code was very strict about a fully trusted connection.
 In your example it sounds like there could be an issue in the CNS (Chat
Notification Servlet) process.  I assume CNS is still the mechanism that would
alert a support agent in 7.6.04.  Have you looked at any of the CNS log files?

I am figuring the my-eService guys are still employed by BMC (I haven't talked
to any of them since Oct. though so anything is possible).  If you can get past
Support and in contact with one of them I am sure they'll be able to help.

As quick as BMC turned VCR around as their own product I can't imagine that a
great deal changed structurally between 7.6.04 and 8.  I am guessing that much
of the troubleshooting for 8  will apply to 7.6.04 as well so I would hope that
Support wouldn't completely give up on you just because you are on 7.6.04.

Jason