From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Schon, Stuart
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:35 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: AR System ODBC driver

**
Almost everything in CR is usable. But do you want to do so. Things like
dynamic parameters can make running the report very slow as lists of values
need to queried from the table being referenced.

For example if you are reporting on the Helpdesk form and you have a parameter
based on Status that is pulled from the DB for selection by the person running
the report-every record in the Helpdesk form will be read to determine the
list. You cannot branch off and read this from another table. So if there are
10M records then CR will read all 10M to determine the definitive list of
Statuses.

If the report is being run externally from Remedy then
Static Parameters (simple or list) can be used
User enterable values can be used, e.g. Dates and date ranges
Optional parameters (these default to Null which might not be what you want)
Sub-reports - yes as already stated
SQL Commands -yes but only tables and views and only one. It can't be a stored
procedure or function or.....

If the report is embedded in Remedy then its tied to a form and about the only
thing else that works is sub-reports. Especially you can get the CR to ask for
parameters you need to get Remedy to do so which is used to pre-filter the data
presented to the CR report.

Get the guy to try things and he will get the idea of what is possible and
what's not.

Stuart Schon
Service Desk Systems - Manager