One thing I have seen is $TIMESTAMP$ is only set at the beginning of the filter
cycle.  If you want the real time inside a filter you need to use
$SERVERTIMESTAMP$

Fred

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Rick Westbrock
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:57 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Create Date later than $TIMESTAMP$ from filters

**
In light of the other thread about Create Date vice Modified Date I ran into
something along similar lines today an wondered if anyone else has seen
something similar. We have a set of filters that put $TIMESTAMP$ into date/time
fields, one per status value (i.e. if there are five different status values
there will be five date/time fields). The qualifications on the filters are
such that if the status changes to that value (i.e. if ticket changes to status
value 2 then the Status 2 Date/Time field is used) and sets $TIMESTAMP$ into
the corresponding date/time field.

The strange behavior that I am seeing is that these status date/time values are
all exactly one second older than the value in the core Create Date field. My
assumption is that $TIMESTAMP$ is evaluated during the filter processing but
the Create Date field is not populated by the server until probably the very
instant before the record is actually committed to the database; if filter
processing takes too long then the clock might tick over into the next second.

Has anyone else run into this dilemma? It is only a problem for me because in
reporting any tickets that have say the Work In Progress date/time less than
the Create Date field  then it is out of compliance and we have to massage the
data for multiple tickets after the fact. In a recent check I found that there
were 796 records where the status date/time fields were less than the Create
Date but only four of them were more than one second older (obviously due to
unrelated issues).

The obvious quick & dirty fix for this (which may not be optimal) is to modify
the filters to set the status date/time fields to $TIMESTAMP$ + 1 so that they
either match the Create Date or might possibly be one second later but I wanted
to investigate the root cause before touching any existing code.

-Rick
ARS 7.6.04 SP2/Windows/MS-SQL

Rick Westbrock
QMX Support Services

Important: This email is intended for the above named only and may be
confidential, proprietary, and/or legally privileged. If this email has come to
you in error, you must take no action on it, nor may you copy or show it to
anyone. Please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.