This is going to be a bit wordy, so hang with me

My custom Remedy environment integrates with an Oracle Fusion Middle Ware
server to perform Web Service operations for a third Party app (Siebel) and the
filters we build have the user, password, and end points imbedded in the filter
actions, so that when me move the filters from our test environment to
production, we have to edit the end points and passwords (the usernames are the
same, but the passwords are different between test and production.).  The way
me make this change now is either edit the def file in XML format (a remedy def
would be way too hard because of line breaks) and manually change the endpoint
(we can look this up from a control record now) and change the encrypted
password, or we make two copies of the filter, one with Test values and one
with production values and use $SERVER$ LIKE "q%" for test or $SERVER$ LIKE
"p%" for prod.  We have 50 or more filters with Web Service actions, so this
gets unruly really quick.  The authentication for the Oracle FMW is basic
endpoint authentication using the user and password you used to load the WSDL
from the FMW URL (using the login button on the web service action), no WSS
authentication, etc.

My question is, does anyone know of an easier way to make these changes other
than opening up the XML formatted Def in a text editor or duplicate filters?
I've tried awk and regex statements, but it just seems a little too hokey for
me.  I'm even ok with writing a java app that reads the def file, modifying the
data and re-writing the def, granted I'm looking for a little easier way than
that.

My ultimate goal would be to use the Object Modification Log to produce my defs
for source control and make my migration packages from there, but the object
Modification log only stores remedy defs, not XML.

Paul Campbell  | Development Team Lead  |  TS&D SSBL, A2R WFE, and ESP Remedy
Team |  Avaya Client Services  |
|  1145 Sanctuary Parkway Lake View II  Suite 110 Alpharetta, GA  30009  |
678-421-5342