HI All,

Working with 6.3 we have a homegrown Trouble Ticket and Change Request.  Anyone
in the company with a Remedy account and a write license can see any TT/CR and
modify any  regardless of assignment. Currently we are moving to ITSM 7.6.04
which is a significant change for us. AS you probably have already guessed some
of the challenges for my users is trying to maintain old work habits on a new
system.

The Tier 1 NOC has ownership over all Incidents so of course they have
unrestricted access to all of the Incidents. When the incident is assigned out
to a tier 2 group, members of that group also have access to the incident. The
CRM's state that they require write access to the incidents even when the
incident is not owned or assigned to the CRM group.

My original thought was to give the CRM's the Application Permission - Incident
Master and restrict access to their customer companies. Works good. Then the
CRM's said they also needed access to the operating company. So I tried that in
dev, adding the operating company (NaviSIte) to the restriction list. Appears
to work fine in the Overview Console but all customers appear in the Incident
Console or when doing a search on a field other than company all customer
appear and have unrestricted access.

One suggestion was to modify NaviSite so it is an operating company and a
customer. First I am not sure if it can be done, or if this would invoke the
restriction. So I thought I would check with the group before giving this a
try. Also if anyone has run into this before, how did you solve it?

ITSM 7.6.04 SP3

Thanks
Mark

Mark Brittain
Remedy Developer
ITILv3 Foundation
NaviSite - A Time Warner Cable Company
mbritt...@navisite.com<mailto:mbritt...@navisite.com>
Office: 315-634-9337
Mobile: 315-882.5360
[cid:image001.gif@01CE9435.E52D1E80]

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.