LJ hit the nail on the head with this one.  Once we cleared out the temp
folder, the install ran correctly.  When I suggested that maybe they should
delete those files as part of the install (before or after), support said
that the temp files should be cleared when the server reboots.  For us,
that doesn't appear to be the case (looked at other servers that had an
installation a long time ago, and we have weekly reboots).

As far as the Dev Studio install on my PC, we couldn't figure that one out
and ended up just doing a file-replace.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and guidance.

Thad