Sent from my HTC Oneā„¢ X, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Mueller, Doug" <doug_muel...@bmc.com>
To: <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Subject: Remedy and Flash
Date: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 2:35 PM

Claire,

Just to be clear what the setting does....

If you disable Flash using the mid-tier setting:

If using Firefox or Safari or any browser other than IE - no affect as Flash is
not used for the generic rendering
   of forms for any of these browsers

If using AR System mid-tier 8.0 or later and using IE - no affect as Flash is
not used for the generic rendering
   of forms in ANY browser from the 8.0 release and forward

If using AR System mid-tier pre-8.0 and using IE - Flash is used for a couple
of small cosmetic aspects of
   the system.  And, yes, the only issue with not using Flash is those minor
cosmetic aspects and a gain in
   performance of the system.

This setting has no impact on any DVF that uses Flash to display the contents.

This includes Flashboards - if you have it configured to use Flash vs. the
whatever the other display option is.
This includes the CMDB console screens which are actually DVFs and use Flash
(and which will be rewritten to
     use native AR System technology if I can ever get it on the schedule)
This includes any custom plugin you may have which uses Flash

So, for this set of things, Flash must be installed if you want these screens /
pictures to display.  These
areas are NOT affected or covered by the use of Flash for the generic rendering
of the screen.

The settings in question here is only about the issue where Flash was used when
the browser (IE specifically)
did not have the support for the constructs to produce some UI polish that we
were introducing.

Doug