I have 4 Escalation threads for ITSM 7.6.4 SP 4 we had some
notifications that could hang for 20 mins in the evenings and would
cause some headaches for our Help Desk since they were high priority
tickets.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of William Rentfrow
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 3:06 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: How many escalation pools do you have...?

**

Hi listers -

So we have an infrequent but recurring problem.  One of our
mission-critical escalations (interval, 5 minutes) will every once in a
while die.  It will stop appearing in the escalation log, and the only
way to fix it is to bounce the admin server.

There's 204 total escalations on this server, the vast majority of which
are ITSM 7.6.04 base product.

We are entering 4000-5000 tickets a day, with additional data being
entered in CM, CMDB, etc., so the data load even for things like the
5-minute recurring SLM Measurement escalation can be significant.

We have configured the one that breaks it to run on a specific pool and
no others are configured to use that pool.  Unfortunately that doesn't
mean that pool isn't shared - others can hop in that pool too if the
others pools are busy.  (Kind of thinking of submitting an RFE for a
"dedicated pool" option that prevents sharing but that's another issue
altogether).

So - how many pools do you use? We currently have a max of 4 and
obviously that's not enough.

William Rentfrow

wrentf...@stratacominc.com

Office: 715-204-3061