7.6.04 SP2
Oracle 11

I've attempted this a number of times and the process keeps dying.  I have a
custom form with around 20,000 records.  On the form is an Attachment Pool that
can handle up to 6 attachments.  The form is used globally so has a variety of
languages within the data, including the names of the files in the attachments.
 I've used both the Windows client and the Mid-Tier.  Knew I'd have issues with
the Windows client but was willing to accept "strange" data if I could get the
attachments intact.  I would get several thousand files in my data folder and
then suddenly the process would just die - it was trying to save a file with a
Japanese character in the filename.  So, I moved over to the Mid-Tier and tried
the same thing.  At least here I could tell it to save the data in UTF-8 so
everything should be good.  It appears that it is trying to write all of the
files to one big ZIP file, which is fine by me, but again, it just dies in the
middle.

My question is... how can I extract attachments that have Japanese characters
in the filenames?

Thanks!
Curt A. Schryver
Action Request System Administrator