Dear all,

Could someone please give me an idea of what the salary range should be, in
Germany, for a Lead Remedy Solution Architect position, responsible for
business and technical implementation of Remedy (new deployment, ITSM 8.1,
custom business apps, etc.). This is an FTE position. This person would start
of as a single person leading the charge, to a team lead/trainer for a team of
admins, developers and support personnel. I am new to this country so I really
don't know what the market here is like. Some evidence (job postings, salary
range sites, etc.) would be excellent as well.

I gave the following information to HR and they are convinced that we can hire
someone for under 100k €. My experience (in US) tells me that for that amount
all I can get is a fairly junior person and as this is a global project with a
lot of custom work and complicated setups to be done, this just wouldn't cut it.

Your assistance in working this out with HR is much appreciated (and soon I
might have some job openings in case any of you are interested).

Regards,
Dragan

Tasks/ Job content:
Lead Remedy Solution Architect (RSA) will be responsible for the initial
infrastructure setup of Remedy platform. This will include setting up servers,
databases, network, backup, disaster recovery and Remedy platform in all
environments. After this, RSA will be responsible for design and technical
setup of ITSM suite for global deployment. This will include nonstandard,
custom, LDAP integrations for user population and authentication, email engine
and notification configuration and customization, integration to knowledge
bases, asset management, CMDB population, and other activities as needed. RSA
will also assist with preparing and conducting training for Remedy support
team, as well as being responsible for production system operations and
maintenance. This will include patching, upgrades and daily system monitoring
to assure uninterrupted service. In addition, RSA will assist Service Manager
in reviewing and approving customization requests, including solution designing
and coding.

Requirements:
• 8+ years of relevant experience
• Proven successful tool migration, configuration, maintenance, expansion
(scalability), update, and patching ability
• AR System 7.5 Experience Required (7.6.04 is a plus)
• Technical proficiency in advanced relevant technologies is required
             o  BMC Remedy Action Request System, Mid-Tier, ITSM Suite
components, and ITBM
             o  BMC Remedy Flashboards, Dashboards, Analytics, Approval Engine,
CMDB, ADDM
             o  Web Services and API programming;
             o  Tomcat, LDAP, SMTP
             o  SQL Server/Oracle,
             o  Windows Server;
             o  Java; C++
             o  System automation
• Knowledge of Remedy binaries layer
• Proven ability to provide system integration between Remedy and other systems
• Proven ability to develop applications and workflows, customize system and
perform optimizations
• Remedy Analytics is a must: the ability to configure and schedule appropriate
reports to establish baselines and track performance metrics
• Proven ability to engage in user, system, and support requirements gathering
and provide architectural solution to meet customer requirements of the Remedy
application based on BMC best practices
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Effective technical writing and documentation skills
• Strong organization and communications skills; must clearly communicate
technical issues and resolutions to key stakeholders, both orally as well as in
writing
• Good customer presentation and project management skills (including good
listening and customer interaction skills)
• Ability to train end-user and other administrators within organization (build
training material and train the trainer)
• Certifications:
             o  ITIL v3 foundation required
             o  BMC Certified Administrator: BMC Remedy AR System 7.5+ required
             o  BMC Certified Developer: BMC Remedy AR System 7.5+ a plus
             o  MCSE a plus

Advantages/ good aspects/ development options in that position:
Become an added value resource to the global IT organization to provide
expert knowledge about Remedy capabilities, design and functionalities,
database maintenance, configurations and customizations. Develop leadership and
technical capabilities by training and leading a team of Remedy administrators
and developers.