From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Andrew Hicox
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 1:08 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Email Service Crashing - IMAP

** I vaguely recall a number of email engine fixes regarding mime encoding on
7.6.04 SP5 ... If that's applicable to your situation

- Andy

On Friday, December 13, 2013, Lippincott, Levi (OMA-GIS) wrote:
**
So we just recently migrated off MAPI to IMAP and from Exchange 2013 to an
hMail server for our email. Since doing so our emails have been processing much
faster and it no longer experiences the Exchange 2013 MAPI import problems.

However, now we have an issue where occasionally the Email Service will just
stop processing inbound emails, like once or twice a day. Today I was able to
get a copy of the log before someone else restarted the mail service, below is
what the log file is spitting out.

Does anyone have any ideas what that could possibly mean and any advice on how
to correct it?

Exception in thread "AG005056AB6928BIdhSwaeQ-DAkbUD"
java.lang.NullPointerException
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.isSet(MimeMessage.java:1931)
                at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPMessage.isSet(IMAPMessage.java:830)
                at
com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.doWork(ReceiverModule.java:325)
                at com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ThreadBase.run(ThreadBase.java:297)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Dec 13, 2013 11:11:39 AM com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ThreadPool run
WARNING: Restarting Thread
Dec 13, 2013 11:12:24 AM com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream decode
SEVERE: Error in encoded stream: found valid base64 character after a padding
character (=), the 10 most recent characters were: " xmlns:v=3"
java.io.IOException: Error in encoded stream: found valid base64 character
after a padding character (=), the 10 most recent characters were: " xmlns:v=3"
                at
com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream.decode(BASE64DecoderStream.java:284)
                at
com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream.read(BASE64DecoderStream.java:135)
                at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
                at
com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.writeToTempFile(ReceiverModule.java:1434)
                at
com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.createAttachmentEntry(ReceiverModule.java:1533)
                at
com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.logMessage(ReceiverModule.java:915)
                at
com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.doWork(ReceiverModule.java:327)
                at com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ThreadBase.run(ThreadBase.java:297)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "AG005056AB6928BIdhSwaeQ-DAkbUD"
java.lang.NullPointerException
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.isSet(MimeMessage.java:1931)
                at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPMessage.isSet(IMAPMessage.java:830)
                at
com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.doWork(ReceiverModule.java:325)
                at com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ThreadBase.run(ThreadBase.java:297)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Dec 13, 2013 11:14:39 AM com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ThreadPool run
WARNING: Restarting Thread

Thanks a lot!

Connect with us:    interpublic.com<http://www.interpublic.com/>

Twitter<https://twitter.com/#%21/interpublicipg>

Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/InterpublicGroup>

Levi Lippincott / Remedy Administrator
+1 402 561 7014 office
+1 402 321 5421 mobile
levi.lippinc...@interpublic.com<javascript:_e(%7b%7d,%20'cvml',%20'levi.lippinc...@interpublic.com');>
Lync Communcator

Interpublic Group  6825 Pine Street, Omaha, NE 68106

"Talent is a Gift; But Character is a Choice." -Matt Grotewold-

Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this message
for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose to
anyone the message or any information contained in the message.  If you have
received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and
delete the message.  Thank you very much.