Good morning and happy new year,

I'm looking into something strange that happened in my test environment after
upgrading to ITSM 8.1 from 7.6.4.  Basically, we use the fields for tracking
the Product Name (240001002), Manufacturer (240001003), and Model/Version
(240001005) on a now missing Software Info tab to allow us to have a "primary"
version of the software that would be used rather than just relate a bunch of
random stuff like you would under the Related Product Categorizations on the
General tab.

A hypothetical use case for this would be something like WinZip.  For various
reasons, we may have five different versions in our environment, all covered
under the same support contract.  This contract may allow us to upgrade, but
either we haven't had time, or there is functionality removed, or whatever the
reason, we aren't getting everyone on the same version.  In the Product
Catalog, you'll have each of those five versions, some with a manufacturer of
"Niko Mak", some "WinZip, Inc." or whatever.  However, these five different
versions apply only to existing installs.  If you want to request a *NEW*
install of WinZip, you can only pick one version on an SRM form we built which
does a lookup on AST:LicenseCertificates which lets us determine what the
Product Name, Version, etc. are and allows us to see whether or not there are
any licenses available against that specific License Certificate.

After upgrading to 8.1, it appears that BMC hid those fields and deleted all of
the data contained within them so we no longer know what our primary version of
an application is, nor does our software procurement process work.  Fortunately
this was discovered during testing, but I wanted to solicit input from you all
before I contact BMC because I have a feeling they'll just say that this is as
designed and that I should have read some obscure text hidden on a wiki
somewhere that got edited and that part deleted six weeks ago.  Should I be
using some other fields or another form entirely to store this type of data?
Should I be ok with BMC deleting data without telling anyone?

Also, I've seen demos of 8.1 that show off some sort of asset procurement
process where users can request hardware and software, but I've failed to find
it in the new SRM 8.1 so I assume those were just proof of concept Advanced
Interface Forms made for BMC demos.  Have you all seen anything tangible in
terms of out of the box SRDs or SRM forms to request assets?

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.energytransfer.com/mail_disclaimer.aspx .  If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.