So we've been on 8.1 for a few weeks now (I should post an update to the Mid
Tier issues thread, it's mostly working for me now.)  We ripped out our
fully-functional custom email processing code to use the Rules Based Email
stuff that was added in 8.1.  It seems to work most of the time, but it's
mostly undocumented and difficult to troubleshoot.

Is anyone else using this 8.1 functionality and has more thorough documentation
than BMC provides?  Specifically, I'm looking for information on how to
troubleshoot the RBE, and what to do when a failure occurs and how you can
resubmit an email.  For example, I found a failure that was due to the email
address being incorrect in the People record, so I updated the People record
and would like to go re-submit the email to process.  On the RBE:Message form
there's a Status field that you would think you should be able to set back to
"New" and it would trigger the workflow, but without looking at it my guess is
that the filters only trigger on submit.

I'm planning on running some logs so I can try to fix BMC's code, but if anyone
has any documentation on how things should work, please share it with me so I
don't end up reinventing the wheel, fire, etc.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.energytransfer.com/mail_disclaimer.aspx .  If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.