From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Pierson, Shawn
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2014 10:24 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Web Service CIs

Tracking them as a component of an existing application (or technical
service) is the direction I'm looking for.  While our security group is the
driving force behind it, we need to know how our applications are interfaced
from a CMDB perspective as well.  It would be nice to know who the consumers
are of a web service so when you have a Change Request to rename or modify
the structure of that web service, you can immediately see who will be
impacted.  The internal/external requirement is what the security group
cares about the most, but it would be useful so we know if we're potentially
impacting outside customers as a result which would bump up the risk level.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson

Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer