From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Mueller, Doug
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:23 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy, OpenSSL, and the Heartbleed bug

**
David,

Thank you for the note.

I have forwarded comments to the folks that own the page that AR System was not
explicitly called out.

They used the product name

BMC Remedy ITSM Suite

to cover all things Remedy.

I have suggested they change it to something like

BMC Remedy AR System and ITSM Suite

or to add a new set of entries that explicitly state just AR System.

Since the ITSM Suite is fundamentally dependent on the AR System.  The fact
that the ITSM Suite is not
affected by the bug means that the AR System is not affected because ITSM could
not be unaffected if the
technology it was built on (AR System) wasn't also unaffected.  So, your
environment is clear of the issue.

I cannot promise that there will be a change to wording of the messages, but I
have forwarded your concerns
about the product name.  NOTE: As I was still typing in this response, I got a
note back from the person
coordinating the response that if a change of wording helps, he is more than
willing to get that done.  At this
point, the proposal is to change to say  BMC Remedy AR System and ITSM Suite.
This way there is not a
need to list every app and every component of everything separately, but to
still emphasize that the AR
System is included in the list as not being affected by the issue.

Only versions of the product under current support are listed in this table.
The bug was introduced into
OpenSSL in 2012.  So, nothing that shipped prior to 2012 can be affected by the
bug - and all things pre 7.6.04
were shipped prior to 2012.

As for the Flash, an initial flash message was sent out the day of the report
of the issue and BMC simply sent
a note including every product that used OpenSSL as a potential.  I posted that
the Remedy line was clear to
this list within a day or so of that message and then the forma note of this
product and others from BMC
came out a couple of days following that.

I see the one posted was dated April 15.  I am not sure why the solutions were
listed as unknown at that time
as we had the answer on April 9 that the Remedy line (all pieces) are not
affected.  It may have just been all
the information filtering back and caution was in the "unknown until we have
all definitive information
otherwise" camp.

I am not sure who gets the Flash notices or how registered - but will try and
see why you did not get
something since you believe you are signed up to receive them.

Thank you for the comments and hopefully, we can clean up some of the aspects
you found confusing
quickly and consider these topics in future communications.

Doug Mueller