Hi Ankita,

If you can avoid using an OOTB field, that is best practice.  Sometimes it
doesn't make sense to build a new field when an OOTB field can handle the job.
The biggest thing is to not modify existing workflow if you are in a pre-7.6.04
environment.  If new workflow will conflict or is just a tweak to the
qualifications, make a copy of it with some letters in the front indicating
ownership and/or customization (eg. BMS-<name of workflow object> for Bristol
Meyers Squibb if you worked there) and then disable the original workflow
object (active link, filter, escalation, etc.).  This way, any upgrades will
pick up the original disabled object and if it needs to modify it, it will.
You should always do a snapshot of your DB and a separate def of all non-OOTB
forms, modified OOTB forms that have new fields or fields that have changed
parameters (which I do not suggest as they may affect workflow to another form
you are not aware of that carries the
 field or a join form you are not aware of), and of all non-OOTB workflow so
you can import it into the new system post-upgrade.

If you are working with a 7.6.04 version or later, then modify the object in
the Best Practice view as an overlay and you will be fine with an upgrade.
Upgrades won't mess with overlays.

Hope that helps and good luck!

On Friday, June 13, 2014 3:53 AM, Ankita Pankaj <ankita.panka...@gmail.com>